For over 15 years, A Star Teachers have been placing graduate and experienced Canadian trained teachers into government, independent and grammar schools across London and its surrounds. We are currently searching for qualified Primary, Secondary and Special Needs Teachers who are keen and eager to begin teaching in the UK.
Why work for A* Star Teachers?
In addition to a wide range of teaching jobs in a variety of schools and the support of our team of teacher recruiters we offer:
- Genuinely Excellent Pay – we are teachers ourselves and our pay rates to our teachers are easily among the best in the entire UK.
- The UKs No 1 Relocation BONUS - for our teachers relocating from Canada on or before January 2018. There are no gimmicks, hoops to jump through or vouchers in leiu of cash. We offer a simple bonus for seeing out the length of your assignment.
- If you work for us in addition to the excellent pay we outright offer the best bonus in UK teacher recruitment.
- The more days you work the more we pay up to £1,100 EXTRA / YEAR for 2 years paid termly and at the end of assignments. More for more senior roles or sought after specialisms.
- With A* Star Teachers you work more as partner and share the benefits of that partnership
Additional benefits include:
Guaranteed work agreements providing you security
Free Enhanced Disclosure DBS (UK Police Check) - this is the police check for the UK and we do this in advance to enable you to teach immediately in the UK education system
Discounted UK Visa service - whether you require a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa or Tier 2 sponsorship we have partnered with an excellent visa service with substantial discounts
UK QTS Application - Free assistance obtaining your UK QTS - this can impact on work options, income plus build your Resume/CV!
- Opening Bank Accounts - It assists if you can bring your last three bank statements from home with you when attending your interview. Your pay will be paid directly into your bank account by BACS
- National Insurance (NI) - we help you obtain a National Insurance number
- Free professional induction to teaching in the UK and ongoing professional development on the issues you demand
- Social Life – work hard and play hard we organise regular fun social events with our 'Star' teachers and our team! In addition we offer pub crawls, walking tours and travel discounts.
If you want to know more please Register Now!
Teachers qualified in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and USA can apply for QTS
Teachers must apply to us for the award of QTS before they can be recognised as qualified teachers.
Apply online for Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) using a Mutual Recognition Application through the National College for Teaching and leadership (NCTL) portal. (Guidance)
Our Professional Development Team have over 15 years experience in sorting QTS issues for teachers just like you. See our guidance on Qualified teacher status
The NCTL verify that you are a fully qualified teacher in Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have not been barred from teaching and in less than a month they will issue you with a letter confirming the award of QTS. Details of fully qualified teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA will be held on the database of qualified teachers in England.
The Next Steps
We understand that making the decision to relocate to the other side of the world is not an easy decision, and we want to give you as much information as possible to help you by giving you all the vital information you need to make that all important decision to join us over in the UK!
To find out more about our relocation process and how to get the ball rolling visit our planning your next steps page below.
With over 15 years’ experience in helping teachers relocate from across the world, we can guarantee a fast, simple and easy relocation process!
Don’t just take our word for it! Read testimonials from teachers just like you.
or Phone +44 (0)207 2727070