1. Complete The Registration Form
The main thing you will need in order to complete the registration process (and Stage 2 of the application process) is an up-to-date CV. Our decision on your suitability to work for A*Star Teachers at this stage will be based on your CV and location. You may find this useful - Writing The Perfect CV.
When you have your CV ready, register here.
2. Telephone Vetting
We will contact you by phone to talk through your CV and other information you supplied us with to assess your suitability for work. You will be asked a number of questions and if everything goes well you will be invited in for an interview.
3. Complete The Formal Application Form
We will send you Professional Profile Form to complete via email. To complete this form you will need the following information:
- Details of teaching qualifications
- Visa Details (if applicable)
- Contact details of at least 2 professional references
If you do not have access to a computer you can complete this form in our offices on the day of your interview, however it will save you time if you complete it and return to us prior to attending.
4. Face-To-Face Interview
- When you come into interview you will need to bring in the following items to help us complete the process of clearing you for work (we will remind you of this).
- The interview lasts approximately 30 minutes. Here you will be questioned regarding your experience of working within education, and will be able to discuss possible future work options with your consultant. You will also receive information on how A*Star Teachers work.
The length of time between initial contact and your first day of work for A Star Teachers can vary, depending on your availability and the speed at which we can check your references. However if you are in London and have the availability and correct credentials we could have you working within a matter of a few days!