Planning your next step with A* Star Teachers
Once you have made the decision to travel and teach in the UK we can assist you through the following steps
- Registering with us. This process will give us a clear idea of the when and what you require enabling us to better support you with work and the steps below. We will keep in regular contact with you to ensure we assist you navigate through the process
- Organising your permission to work in the UK? Due to the frequency of changes to permission ot work arrangements, A* Star advise you refer to the Home Office website
Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visas are the most commonly used by the under 30's for working in Education in the UK. We offer a UK Working Holiday Visa service to our teachers applying from overseas
- Apply for your home country police check and UK DBS Check. A* Star Teachers are legally authorised to carry out you can carry your UK Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Sevice Check. We offer this service free to our teachers applying from overseas
- Apply online for Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) using a Mutual Recognition Application through the National College for Teaching and leadership (NCTL) portal.
This sounds a little off - putting however it is fairly straight forward for Aussies and Kiwis (Guidance) . In addition we can assist as our Professional Development Team have over 14 years’ experience in gaining QTS for 1000s of Overseas Trained Teachers (OTTs) primarily from Australia and New Zealand.
The NCTL verify that you are a fully qualified teacher in Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have not been barred from teaching and in less than a month they will issue you with a letter confirming the award of QTS. Details of fully qualified teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA will be held on the database of qualified teachers in England.
- Organising documents you will need to bring with you to UK?
- Updating CV / Resume. If it isn't up ot date we can assist
- Organising initial accommodation
- NB We can assist with opening a bank account, National Insurance number, registering with NHS and general living in UK issues on your arrival in the UK
- Prepare for teaching in UK Education system by reading some of our useful information on this site. We can also assist you prior to arriving and will provide professional development after arrival
The Department for Education (DfE) is easily accessible and has a lot of information. Go to their website for teaching resources such as online lesson plans, lesson plan resources, thematic units, themes, classroom activities, teacher tips, web projects, ideas for assemblies and lots more. For information on employment conditions for teachers please visit the National Union of Teachers website.
Register Now and let us help you start your UK Teaching Adventure
Reception Teacher- South London, 2 month contract
Location: South London, London
Salary: £140 - £180 per day + depending on experience
Year 6 Teacher- London, September 2017
Salary: £27819 - £46365 per annum + MPS according to experience
Year 5 Primary Teacher- September start/ Islington
Location: North London, London
Salary: £140 - £200 per day