Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the ‘Act’), the data controller (or entity responsible for the data collected) will be us.
A Star Teachers may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information acquired/provided through our Website or the website our sister company A Star Equivalency. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites, subscribing to our services, personalising the Websites with your preferences, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions, posting material through use of our online chat or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Websites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- Providing CVs or other information about yourself for specific purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to either A Star Teachers and its statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To update and enhance our records
- To compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you
- To ensure the content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- We may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information.
- To provide information about any additional services that we or our sister company A Star Equivalency may be offering, or will offer in the future
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by us
- where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Where we store your data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities. If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from the A Star Teachers you may notify us on email@example.com Alternatively you may contact us on +44 (0)207 272 7070 It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
The Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Act or have any other related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by making amendments by logging in to your account on our Website, emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us on +44 (0)20 7272 7070. Please note that it will take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.