|Job Title:||Physics Teacher|
|Contract Type:||Long Term|
|Salary:||£120 - £220 per day + Pay scale accordng to experience|
|Contact Name:||Anna Secondary|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2017 14:13|
The challenges for successful candidates lie in improving academic attainment - Ofsted have highlighted this, at the same time HMI acknowledge behaviour is good. As a 13 to 19 school, Teaching starts at Year 9 and goes through to GCSE, and the role is focused entirely on the specialist Physics strand of Science teaching. There is a strong possibility of A level Teaching for the right candidate.
Practical Science facilities are second to none; the overall school curriculum is broad and balanced offering learning across the full range of subjects, and personalised appropriately to meet individual needs.
There have always been high rates of university entrance; GCSE results are strong and consistently above the national average. This year the number of A and A* grades increased. There would be an expectation for teachers to be involved in extra-curricular provision which is wide ranging across arts and in sport, as well as a wide range of more specialised activities, like horticulture, cadets and Duke of Edinburgh awards
The successful candidate will:
* Have a proven track record and clear experience in raising achievement with pupils of all abilities
* Have a passion for their subject
* Have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils to their full potential
* Have an unrelenting focus on the learning experience of all their classes.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
* You must hold QTS or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
It is A* Star Teachers' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, due to the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to each applicant individually. If we have not contacted you within three working days, your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may feel suitable for in the future. A* Star Teachers is a Quality Marked Agency (continuously since 2002) and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's