Head of Humanities - September - Greenwich
|Job Title:||Head of Humanities - September - Greenwich|
|Salary:||£160 - £230 per day|
|Contact Name:||Spencer Mulcahy|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2018 16:25|
The Role - History Teacher with Responsibility/ Head of Humanities
This fantastic secondary school based in the borough of East London requires a confident, qualified and highly experienced History Teacher with Responsibility/ Head of Humanities to join their school's excellent Humanities department. The position is starting September 2018 for a permanent post.
You will have the personality to teach, inspire the students as well as encouraging them to achieve their highest potential. You will be a problem solver, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life. You will be required to teach KS3 - KS5.
The ideal Candidate Will:
* Secondary Mainstream Teaching Certificate (PGCE/GTP/QTS etc.)
* Your Secondary School experience must be in a mainstream
* Excellent and sound knowledge of the UK curriculum
* You will be able to teach KS3 & KS4 (minimum)
* Engaging and able to inspire & build a rapport with your students
* Good to Outstanding Practitioner
* Excellent Leadership and Managerial experience
About the School:
The School aim's to inspire the next generation of professionals and entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds. All their teaching staff comes from a strong academic background and are expected to deliver nothing but outstanding lessons to all students. The school have excellently behaved students and ensure to highly maintain this by using different methods of teaching to engage students to remain focused and keep positive approach.
If the role above appeals to you based on where you are currently in your career and what you would like your next challenge to be we strongly advise contacting Ken on the secondary team at the earliest opportunity - Ken@astarteachers.com or alternatively call 0207 272 7070.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
* You must hold QTS or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
It is A* Star Teachers' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, due to the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to each applicant individually. If we have not contacted you within three working days, your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may feel suitable for in the future. A* Star Teachers is a Quality Marked Agency (continuously since 2002) and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's